Stay Up-To-Date On The Latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates from Franciscan Ministries Read More >
We understand that an illness or injury is disrupting your daily life. Whether you are recovering from a medical procedure, joint replacement, fracture or hospitalization, our goal is the same as yours — to help you recuperate quickly with quality, skilled nursing care and return home as soon as possible.
When injuries and illnesses happen, you may need additional recovery time after your hospital stay in order to return home safely and successfully. Franciscan Ministries’ Skilled Nursing Care & Rehabilitation services are here to support you and help you regain and reach your fullest potential so that you can get back to the life and things you love.
Skilled Nursing Care & Rehabilitation is called by many different names such as: “short-term rehab,” transitional care” “extended care” or “post-acute care.” Whatever the name, skilled nursing care at Franciscan Ministries is a wonderful option for individuals who need extra time to heal before returning home after a surgery or hospital stay. This type of short- or long-term care is designed to provide compassionate care and therapy to seniors recovering from orthopedic joint replacement, fractures, stroke, heart attack or cardiac surgery and many other conditions.
What does skilled nursing care mean? The term “skilled” is defined as care delivery above and beyond what can be normally provided in the home. This includes 24-hour monitoring and nursing care, physical, occupational, speech therapies, social services and the overseeing physician working collaboratively. Our highly trained team of geriatric skilled nursing care specialists and therapists work together to help you achieve your recovery goals.
In this senior care setting, rehabilitation is a large part of the recovery process. Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapies can be provided up to 3 hours for an average of 5 days and up to 7 days a week. Each person is evaluated upon admission and the intensity of therapies provided will be determined by the abilities and conditions of the recipient.
How long does it last? The length of stay in a skilled nursing care home is determined by the diagnosis and recovery plan for each individual. We start the discharge planning process on Day 1 and meet daily to discuss the progress of each person. We are very motivated to supporting you and helping you achieve your recovery goals so that you can return home and live the life you love. However, this may take one week or longer depending on the medical complexity of the individual.
How is it paid for? Skilled nursing care rehabilitation is covered under traditional Medicare Part A, Medicare Advantage and many private insurances. The length of coverage varies from person to person depending on the diagnosis and care plan. Traditional Medicare A coverage is 100% for days 1-20. On day 21, the coverage is 80% and the remaining 20% is likely covered by a secondary insurance or responsible party. As a courtesy, our billing professionals verify and validate insurance coverage for our Franciscan guests. However, you will always want to check with your insurance provider to determine the exact details of your skilled care benefit.
Franciscan Communities have raised the bar in senior care, skilled nursing care, rehabilitation, and short-term recovery. In addition to state of the art technologies, updates and renovations as well as clinical specialties in bone & joint, cardiac, stroke and pulmonary conditions, we are committed to our guests and their families to have a phenomenal experience while recovering.
Our team of experienced and licensed health care professionals provides a comfortable and healing environment to help you recover. We work directly with your physician to ensure your needs are being met, each step of the way.
Some of the senior care rehabilitation services and amenities we offer throughout our communities include:
We offer rehabilitative services and skilled nursing care at the following communities near you.
Outpatient senior care rehabilitative services are also offered at many of our locations.
For more information about Franciscan Ministries’ skilled nursing care, contact us today!
"The friendliness of all the residents and staff. . . the "Good Mornings" and "Good Afternoons" said with a smile. That truly makes my day."
Lee S., resident of Franciscan Communities
"As the song goes "There's no place like home." My place here is "home sweet home." Employees provide service with kindness and there's so many good people to talk to."
Bernard S., Franciscan Communities Resident
"Mt. Alverna has such a friendly and caring personality and atmosphere. The skilled care helped me achieve independence and regain strength. Even the social activities reinforce physical therapy. I am blessed to have been able to rehab at this facility this past Spring."
Rev S., Mount Alverna